Monday, August 31, 2015

Easy Green Smoothie Formula

Green smoothies are, in my humble opinion, one of the best things ever invented.  If you're like me and a) hate vegetables and b) have trouble getting enough protein in your diet, you might want to consider green smoothies.

My mum has talked about wanting to try them for quite a while, but seems baffled as to what recipe to use.  I was once like this as well.  I wanted precise instructions and measurements.  If that's what you're wanting, look no further - I've got a cheat sheet for you!


Pretty easy, right?  And fully customizable - you can use whatever fruit and liquid you want, add extras like sweetener or chia seeds, and/or use flavored yogurts.  Oh, and if you're wondering, a large handful of greens is about 30 grams according to my kitchen scale.  This "recipe" will make about 18 oz of smoothie.  You can drink the whole thing, or split it with someone (which is what I do).

If you need some inspiration, here are some of the combinations I use most frequently:

Kera's Favorite: orange juice w/ mango and strawberry
Chris's Favorite: milk w/ strawberry and banana
Berry Blend: strawberry herbal tea w/ mixed berries
Tropical Blend: coconut water w/ pineapple and banana
Peach Cobbler: vanilla almnod milk w/ peaches
Pumpkin Pie: vanilla almond milk w/ pumpkin puree and banana

What are some of your favorite combinations?


No comments:

Post a Comment